Monday, October 17, 2011

Keep on Runnin

I took a leap into the "Runner's World" today.  I did the unimaginable and signed up for the half marathon. So excited and a little nervous.  It is the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon held this year on April 29th.  It is a tribute to the victims and survivors of the Oklahoma City Bombing.  My longest competitive run is 3.14 miles and the longest I have ever ran is 5 miles.  It wouldn't be a stretch to say I am a little out of my element.  This week I am up to 4.5 miles so hopefully I can keep up the intensity.  Let's be honest though their is one thing motivating me above all- that 13.1 sticker I'll be able to put on the back of my car.  It is better than any trophy I can put on a dusty shelf.  It is bragging rights to all those cars behind me.  I may have to start speeding to get in front of more people and get a new car to match my new sticker.  Or I may have to stop getting ahead of myself before I can even run half the distance this race calls for.  For now I will just have to make a good running playlist and try not to get shin splints.  To all my followers, I am expecting big cheers and maybe a poster as I cross that finish line ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment