Saturday, October 15, 2011

Raced for a Cure

Woke up to my 6:30 am alarm to deck out in my pink and run for a cause.  This morning I ran in the Oklahoma City Susan G. Koman race for the cure.  I have done quite a few 5K's through the years, but never have I experienced something like this.  Usually when I sign up for a 5K I sign up for me, to beat my personal best time or to give me motivation to start running again.  On this particular race I was running for those women who were diagnosed and have battled against breast cancer. Running beside me through that 3.14 miles were people with shirts of faces or names.  They were running in celebration or in memory of and it was very warming to be a part of something that big that could touch the hearts of 18,500 people in Oklahoma City who all came together for one reason. HOPE.FOR.A.CURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment