Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Lovin.. some clothes

Hola!
  This week I am in the process of making a 50th birthday cake for my mom.  I have already started on the icing which I will be sure to post the recipes to.  For the top tier I am doing a strawberry cake with a cream cheese filling.  For the bottom layer I am doing a vanilla and chocolate mix with an oreo cream filling, I am craving sweets as the time goes on.  I always like to do my icings before hand to take the pressure off of those 2 days before cake delivery but I wont even pretend I havent been snacking on it.  I may have to make an extra batch in the future.  I'm really excited about this cake for two reasons. 1) Because it's been awhile since I ahve done a cake, I have mostly been getting cupcake orders.  2) Because her colors are pink, lime green, and zebra (Keeping it young lol).  I love using bright colors because it always makes the cake pop and look so fun!    Until that's finished I thought I would celebrate my LOVE OF SUMMMER with some of my favorite summer outfits I have worn lately.

This is a summer dress I wore to a friends wedding.  I got the dress and necklace from Francescas and the gladiator heels from Forever 21.  I love these heels because they are just the right size for work and go with everything.  My little Becksy is wearing a collar from Pet's Mart and is trying to get the attention as always.  PS Becks is the dog not the husband ;).


I wore this Leopard tank top with a black sweater to work and I paired it with some red heels I bought from Forever 21 and  red necklace I borrowed/stole from my mom

 These pants are some of my favorite cheap finds.  I got them at ross for $14.  I paired them with a baby pink tanktop from Francesca's and a floral necklace from Dustee's.
 I love love love this outfit- The top, belt, and skirt are all from Francesca's and the shoes are from Forever 21.  I felt so put together but once I got to work a member asked me if I was going to a fashion show (he was dead serious btw).  That's when I realized it may have been a tad dressy for my line of work.
I live in OKC so we don't have an H&M or an urban outfitters.  This is a good and bad thing.  My bank account tells me it's a good thing but my love of fashion says BOOO.  I got this top at an  H&M in D.C when we were their a few weeks ago for vacation.  The shoes and necklace are from forever 21.

 This is a vest I bought from Urban Outfitters while in DC.  It is definitely my favorite clothing piece at the moment. I tried to pair it with a girly dress the first time I wore it..
The second time I wore it I paired it with some skinny black pants from H&M, a gold necklace and some black wedges.  I love this look a lot more because it really gave my vest a pop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment