Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Casserole

Ever since I made my first spaghetti squash about 4 months ago, it has been a weekly dish in our household. Our favorite is spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce and turkey meatballs. We have also had it with Alfredo sauce and chicken. Recently, I found a spaghetti squash recipe on pinterest. I had never even thought of making it into a casserole. I looked at the recipe and then changed out the ingredients into what was in my pantry and here is what I ended up with...
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and de seed it. Lay the squash with the cut side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. While that is baking spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray. Next, with the stove on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium skillet. Into the skillet add 1 small onion, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, and 2 chopped garlic gloves. Continue cooking for about 8 minutes. After the spaghetti squash has finished cooking, scrape it into a bowl along with 1 can or roteL, the onion mixture, 1/2 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix it well in the bowl and then pour it into the 9x13 pan. Lastly, sprinkle the casserole with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and 3 T of whole grain bread crumbs. Stick back into the oven for 30 more minutes. This dish will not disappoint. My husband took one bite and let me know I could make this again. Also the best part is that it tastes just as good for lunch the next day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment