Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chicken Panini

Last week Jeremy and I went to Panera Bread, I got my usual turkey sandwich but he got a chicken panini.  I tried his and we both decided we were going to have to make this ourselves. We gave it a shot last night and it was AMAZING! To good not to share. We didn't have a panini press so it probably tasted closer to a fancier grilled cheese but it was it was delish all the same.

Our ingredients consisted of: A loaf of sliced Italian bread from the Wal Mart bakery, Pesto sauce, chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and pepper jack cheese.

I started by chopping up the chicken and sticking it onto our George Foreman.  Jeremy told me he thought it would be better if the chicken was in larger strips, so I got offended and wacked him across the head with a frying pan... Just kidding.  I may try it next time since I will probably be making this dish about 500,000 gizzilion more times. 


Next, we spread the pesto sauce on one side of each slice.

The side with the pesto goes on the inside.  Then comes the mozzarella, chicken..
Tomatoes..

Then the pepper jack cheese ( maybe that's why I like it so much, lots and lost of cheese) and the other slice of bread, again the pesto side on the inside.

Then just stick the on the grill, or panini press if you have it.

Aww
Ahhh so beautiful.  I was proud to eat my ravishing sandwich. I want another now.

No comments:

Post a Comment