Saturday, April 13, 2013

Vintage Style Cupcakes

This morning I finished my cupcakes I made for a bridal shower. The theme was vintage and they had it decorated to a T. It was filled with lace, chandeliers, and the chairs were a different style fabric with different colors, it made me want to have a bridal shower again :). Just kidding I like the quick stress of cupcakes over the 8 month stress of planning a wedding for sure! For the cupcakes I always use Duncan Hines, they are the best for cakes because they are moist and do not fall apart easy, so I just carry them over to cupcakes as well. Just make the cupcakes exactly how the box says by adding in the eggs, vegetable oil, and water. My trick however, is adding in 1/4 of a cup of pudding. Today I did lemon and vanilla cupcakes. So I make the pudding just as you regularly would by adding the milk and whisking. I did one bowl of vanilla pudding and one bowl of lemon pudding. Then I add in 1/4 cup of the correct pudding to their proper batch. It makes the cupcakes super moist and oh so good. I put the in 350 degree oven for fifteen minutes. I always have to make sure to do extras, I mean I do have to make sure my own cupcakes taste good before serving them right?

Here is a look at the finished product. After I made all the flowers I went back in with my new airbrush set and sprayed a shimmer on them. It gave them a much softer vintage look, exactly what I was wanting.





No comments:

Post a Comment