Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Animal Cookie Truffles

I was trying out different recipes I could take to my grandmas house for Easter, so I combined my favorite cookie into a truffle. I have also done this with an Oreo and it is equally good. For my taste testers I made these and brought them to my coworkers and I received nothing but positive feedback! On my first attempt my plan was to make the whole batch, which is a bag of circus animal cookies and 8 ounces of cream cheese. Well if you love them as much as me that turned into half the bag (because I ate the other half) and four ounces of cream cheese:). Start by pouring the bag into your food processor, then pulse. Make sure you pulse because the cookies are very heavy at first. Once they start to crumple then you can pulse for longer. Next pour the animal crumbs;) into a bowl and add 8 ounces of cream cheese ( if you managed to not snack on the cookies) next roll them into a ping pong size ball. I try to go smaller because they are pretty rich. Next heat your almond bark, or candy melts which is what I used. If you want the chocolate a different color then be sure to add the dye before you start to melt them. Heat for 30 seconds at a time until they are completely melted. Then, coat the ball with the candy melts. Afterward I wipe my finger around the sides to make them more smooth. Only do a couple at a time before you add the sprinkles. You want to do this because the longer they have to dry the less the sprinkles will stick. Stick them in the fridge over night and indulge. Calorie counter not included!
















No comments:

Post a Comment