Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Healthy Donuts?




This is my new favorite donut substitute.  Don't get me wrong they are not on the same level as a chocolate long john or anything but they definitly suffice the craving.  I will make them ahead the night before and eat them for the next 3 days.  I have two in the morning along with some fruit and they keep me full until lunch, and they taste just as good heated.  About 25 seconds in the microwave to be exact. 

Here is the recipe:
  • 2 Tbsp Vegan Chocolate Chips
  • 3 Tbsp Vegan Chocolate Chips For Top
  • 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/2 Cup Whole Grain Oats
  • 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
  • 2 Packets Splenda
  • 1 Small Banana
  • 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1/4 Cup Ground Flax
  • 1 Tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1/2 cap full of Almond flavoring
  • Sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Add in the 2 T of vegan chocolate chips, cinnamon, oats, applesauce, splenda, cut the banana into slices, then use a pastry blender to really blend the ingredients, next add the rest of the ingredients and mix it all together.  If you have a donut pan, all the better.  I have not bought one yet, but I am in the process.  I spread mine out onto a round pan, making them circular and flat.  If you want larger donuts then I usually get about five, smaller I can get six.  Bake for 10 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another ten minutes.  Melt the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave in a small bowl then spread them onto the donuts.  Add the sprinkles right after so they will stick better.  The more and colorful the sprinkles the prettier they will look :).  Next use a cap from a water bottle and push it down into the middle of the donuts.  This will give you your donut holes.  Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment